News & Events
Latest Edition - Money Sense Newsletter
Leaving Town for a Getaway?
April 20, 2016
Here are a few tips to help make the financial side of your trip easier...
- If you plan to use your Sabine FCU credit or debit card while traveling, remember to contact us here at the credit union to let us know a few details so that we can inform the card processors to expect to see out of town transactions. Fraud monitoring software can sometimes prevent transactions from being approved when they are out of the normal, expected pattern of your usual transactions. Debit and credit card fraud is increasing nationwide, but Sabine FCU protects your account by using a fraud monitoring service to ensure that your transactions were made by you.
- Keep the credit union up to date when you change cell phone numbers. If we have a current cell phone number for you, it will help us contact you in the event that there is a question regarding a debit or credit card transaction.
- Always bring at least two ways to pay for your vacation expenses - a credit card, debit card, cash or a prepaid debit card are all good options. Computers, networks, and equipment can go down, causing your transaction to be declined so a backup form of payment is always a good idea.
- If your card is lost or stolen and it's during office hours, contact the credit union as soon as possible so we can cancel your card to prevent fraudulent activity. It it's after hours, call these numbers...Visa debit card: 1-800-554-8969 or Mastercard credit card: 1-800-442-4757.
- Remember that Sabine FCU will never ask you to verify or key in your account number...so be aware of fraudsters who are trying to trick you into giving out account information.
Questions? Give us a call at 1-888-319-7328.
Regulation D Reminder
May 01, 2016
Regulation D limits the number of transactions on a savings account, or non-transaction account to no more than 6 transactions per month. This includes: ACH, automatic transfers from savings to checking, online banking transactions, telephone transfers, and transactions using an ATM or debit card. You can still use your ATM or debit card to make a cash withdrawal at an ATM or you can come into the lobby of the credit union to make in-person transactions.
Free CU Pass ATM Network
March 12, 2016
Sabine Federal Credit Union has partnered with other local credit unions to bring you the CU PASS ATM Network. The network allows members to use their ATM or debit card at any participating credit union without a fee or surcharge. Click here for a list of participating credit unions. Look for the CU PASS network sign before using ATMs at other credit unions.