Security Awareness Center
Staying secure in today's ever-changing environment can be challenging. With new technology comes a new method of fraud and identity theft. Because you matter most at Sabine FCU, we've compiled a few resources to help you understand how to protect your personal information.
- Click here to read about Tax Identity Theft Awareness Week
- Click here to read about scams targeting senior citizens
- Click here to view NCUA's (National Credit Union Administration) Fraud Prevention Center
- Click here to view NCUA's warning of new text phishing scam
- Another scam we've been made aware of involves people calling and offering to run virus scans on your computer. These hackers then remote into your computer and can access your files and watch your computer activity. Please do not let anyone have remote access into your computer. If you have questions, please call us at 409-988-1300.
- We've been made aware of several phishing scams in which members are emailed from a fraudulent company posing at CUNA (Credit Union National Association), NCUA (National Credit Union Administration), Visa, Vantiv, Verified by Visa, and even Sabine FCU. This email instructs recipients to "click here" to confirm your identity or acknowledge your account number, user name, password, PIN, (personal identification number), credit card number or debit card number, or other personal information. If you receive a similar email, do not reply and delete from your mailbox.
Remember that Sabine FCU will NEVER ask for your account number, credit and/or debit card numbers, username, password or other personal information through any communication method and will never request this information unless you contact the credit union directly.
Questions: Call 409-988-1300 or toll free 1-888-319-SFCU (7328)