Complement your savings account with an account that gives you the flexibility you need to manage day-to-day money matters.
Our free checking account puts you in control of your money while giving you access to plenty of perks.
- No Monthly Fees
- No Minimum Balance
- Free Direct Deposit
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Pay
- Free e-Statements
- Free ATM/Visa® Debit Card*
- Added debit card protection with Verified by Visa
- Unlimited check writing
- Access to surcharge-free ATMs
- Nationwide account access through Shared Branching
- $50.00 is required to open a checking account
- Dividends are earned daily (with a minimum balance of $2,500) and posted monthly
- Statements are mailed monthly
- Savings account with minimum $5.00 deposit is required before a checking account can be opened
- To change your PIN number for your debit card over the phone, please call 1-800-992-3808
Effective Date: Sunday, May 9, 2021
|Checking||.10% APY (With minimum balance of $2,500)|
APY indicates annual percentage yield. Rates subject to change at any time without notice.
Savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. NCUA - National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
Overdraft Protection & Overdraft Privilege
In the event of an accidental overdraft, options are available to help you avoid additional inconveniences.
Our checking account offers Overdraft Protection, which allows an automatic transfer of funds from another account of your choice for a small fee.
Overdraft Privilege will cover a check or other electronic item when there are no available funds rather than returning them unpaid.
Eligibility Requirements - If your consumer account has been open for at least sixty (60) days, and thereafter you maintain your account in good standing, which includes at least:
- Bringing your account to a positive balance within every thirty (30) day period;
- Not being in default on any loan or other obligation to Sabine FCU and
- Not being subject to any legal or administrative order or levy
Sabine FCU will have the discretion to pay overdrafts within the overdraft privilege limits, but payment by Sabine FCU is a discretionary courtesy and not a right of the member or an obligation of Sabine FCU and Sabine FCU in its sole and absolute discretion, can cease paying overdrafts at any time without prior notice of reason or cause. Our standard overdraft fee of $30.00 will be imposed for overdrafts created by checks, ACH, ATM withdrawals, everyday debit card (POS) transactions, in-person withdrawals, or by other electronic means.
*Visa debit cards are available for qualified members only.