Staying secure in today's ever-changing environment can be challenging. Because you matter most at Sabine FCU, we want to help you take a proactive approach to protecting your identity and optimizing security. If you have questions or would like more information, please contact us.
FTC Warns About Scammers
Click below to read about the FTC warnings regarding scammers attempting to exploit the Economic Impact Payments.
The IRS recently shared a list of tricks that scammers might use to access information, including:
- Emphasizing the words “Stimulus Check” or “Stimulus Payment.” The official term used by the IRS is “economic impact payment.”
- Asking the taxpayer to sign over their economic impact payment check to them.
- Asking by phone, email, text or social media for verification of personal and/or banking information claiming that the information is needed to receive or speed up their economic impact payment.
- Suggesting that they can get a tax refund or economic impact payment faster by working on the taxpayer’s behalf. This scam could be conducted by social media or even in person.
- Mailing the taxpayer a bogus check, perhaps in an odd amount, then telling the taxpayer to call a number or verify information online in order to cash it.
Be careful and very mindful of your personal information. If you have any questions, please contact us. We are here to help.
We've been made aware of several phishing scams in which members are emailed from a fraudulent company posing as CUNA (Credit Union National Association), NCUA (National Credit Union Administration), Visa, Vantiv, Verified by Visa, and even Sabine FCU. This email instructs recipients to "click here" to confirm your identity or acknowledge your account number, user name, password, PIN, (personal identification number), credit card number or debit card number, or other personal information. If you receive a similar email, do not reply and delete it from your mailbox.
Lost or Stolen Cards
If your debit card or credit card has been misplaced or you suspect it has been stolen, take action as soon as possible to reduce your risk of fraud.
MasterCard® Credit Card: 1-800-442-4757
Visa® Debit Card Support (lost, stolen or fraud): 409-988-1300 (during business hours)
Visa® Debit Card Support (lost, stolen or fraud): 409-988-1300 option #3 (24/7 and after hours)
We've compiled a few resources to help you understand how to protect your personal information.
Remember, Sabine FCU will NEVER ask for your account number, credit and/or debit card numbers, username, password, or other personal information through any communication method and will never request this information unless you contact the credit union directly.
Now offering texting alerts for fraud detection and 24/7 Visa debit card support by calling 1-833-357-0004.